Miss Montana 2006 - Christie Hageman

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Dagmar Centennial


The Centennial of Dagmar was an enlightening experience. I learned that not only is it the Danish capital of Montana, but also has had many famous visitors including royalty and government officals from foreign countries, a consulate of the Danish Governoment (who came for the celebration).
In the morning I rode in the parade in a convertible with a very nice couple from Medicine Lake who kept me entertained through the hour and a half process. It was not the length of the route but rather the number of entries that made the parade so long - about 90! Even more amazing was the number of people: over 2500! For a town of about 20, that is quite impressive.
Talking with many of the attendess, I noted that most had ties to the community and had traveled many miles to celebrate.
During the afternoon, I learned Danish folk dancing.
I will share more about the variety show later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home