Miss Montana 2006 - Christie Hageman

Friday, January 05, 2007

Touchstone Energy PSA Taping at Wibaux Schools










Interesting opportunities have come my way during my year as Miss Montana. One of them is making commercials. My first commercial (ever) was for the Billings Athletic Club and the first time I heard it on the radio, I initially thought it was an "imposter" using my name. I felt a little silly when I recognized the commercial as it's not often that one hears her own voice on the radio.

The second commerical, a public service announcement, was filmed while at Wibaux, Montana on January 4 -- my first appearance and school presention in the new year.
The Touchstone Energy electric cooperatives of Sheridan Electric, Lower Yellowstone, McCone Electric, Goldenwest, and Southeast Electic help in sponsoring the Miss Montana scholarship, and this is a great trade-off for each us. They arranged use of the elementary school in Wibaux for the setting and used some of their "young talent" in the public service announcement and commercial. Five representatives were there from four of the cooperatives that supply power to over one-third of Montana.
I had a great time and the students who watched found out how much time goes into a 30 second PSA...a lot!
I also gave presentations to the elementary school and high school where the students were very well behaved.
Thanks to Jeri Dobrowski of Lame Steer Publishing in Beach, ND for sharing her photos that are shown here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home