Miss Montana 2006 - Christie Hageman

Thursday, August 24, 2006

MT 4-H State Congress



I am starting to learn that late nights and early mornings are normal as a Miss Montana.
I arrived in Bozeman at the MSU campus on Wednesday morning in time to help out with their Fashion Revue judging. I was most impresssed with the abilities of the "contestants" to make an entire outfit, whether it be formal, business, casual, or wool (form the sheep raised, wool spun, and garments made by one person). I was so happy that I didn't have to judge. It would have been so hard to choose.
In the evening was the Talent Showcase and I gave my first speech as Miss Montana. They also asked me to sing at the end of the show. When deciding what song to perform, I determined that I might find some Patsy Cline fans in the audience, so sang "Crazy". Everyone was wonderful and I was delighted to find so many positive teenagers in one place.
The boys made me laugh because some asked if they could wear the crown. We had a "crowning" pose for pictures and I am sure there were at least five who took part - how fun!
Thursday evening was the final banquet and Fashion Revue. I was so proud of how great the contestants looked and walked on stage. They strutted as if they were in a professional syle show, which is mostly credited to one of the other helpers during the judging and rehearsal. Her name is Erica and she works for an agency in Portland, so she definitely knows her stuff. I was acutally trying to get a few tips from her on my own walk!
Once the show was over, I headed back early to the hotel. I attempted to do a little lap swimming in the hotel pool. I modified the lap and swam around the perimeter. What a girl will do to get in her exercise!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home