Miss Montana 2006 - Christie Hageman

Saturday, January 20, 2007

Miss America: Day 3

Sunday: Rehearsals went very well. Our choreographers are very professional and fun to work with; they are relaxed and laid back but get us where we need to be and what we need to be doing. I am enjoying the rehearsals and hope you will enjoy the production.
After a quick workout in the fitness center, it was time for a photo shoot for the Children's Miracle Network.
As a special treat, we attended a private showing of the movie Dreamgirls. CMT filmed us getting off our bus, going into the Brenden Theater, having refreshments, posing Dreamgirl style, and then interviewed us afterward as to our opinions of the movie. I really enjoyed it and had a fun time --- but the costuming really caught my eye and my ears enjoyed the powerful vocals. I give it a two thumbs up and hope that you will see it also!
Last fall, before the movie premiered, my state preparation team dubbed me their Dream Girl!
It is hard to believe that on Day 4 we will be serenaded by the gondoliers while we ride through the Grand Canal Shoppes at the Venetian. We have been advised that the dessert reception will be fabulous. And of course, a photo and autograph session will complete the evening.
One week from today we will rehearse for the last time. I have found the Miss America experience to be very enjoyable, far from tense, and each moment to be fun....and the contestants and all workers are truly wonderful.

1 Comments:

Blogger muphimelissa said...

Hi Christie! All of us at SJSU are so proud of you. I was disapointed you didn't win the talent competition, what are they thinking? :)
Well, I'm having a big Miss America party on Monday night and a bunch of people are coming over to support you in your endeavor. We're all cheering for you.
So, break a leg and I know you'll do great!

1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home