Miss Montana 2006 - Christie Hageman

Thursday, August 24, 2006

East-West Shrine Game: Great Falls


With a Shriner, who drove me at another parade. Shriners are great guys!

I spent one night at home before I was off to the next event, the East-West Shrine (Football) Game in Great Falls. I rode in the parade in the morning and loved watching all the fun Shrine parade acts. They always have miniature, motorized things that are fascinating to watch...tiny corvettes, spinning saucers, small old model cards, the long train, and the list goes on......
My family has always been involved with the Masonic groups so I had many familiar faces cheering for me as I rode down the street. I was introduced at the game and loved watching the involvement of the Shrine Kids. It is an amazing event that refocuses an ordinary All-Star game to a benefit and a great experience for crippled children.
My host family was Aubrey Hiller, her husband and their daughters. Aubrey is the longest reigning Miss Montana and is a vocalist. She was one of the judges at the Miss Montana Scholarship Program in June, where she celebrated her tenth anniversary as Miss Montana.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home