Miss Montana 2006 - Christie Hageman

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Farewell

Where do I start? The time that Evangelina Duke said to me, “You should run for Miss Montana” and I laughed at her not knowing anything about the program? Maybe up on stage with only two of us left and each of our names starting with the sound “krIst.” Or perhaps talking with the Billings Gazette on the cell phone directly after my “first walk” as Miss Montana? I’m not sure exactly when my journey began but now my year as Miss Montana is closing.
I truly can’t believe the growth that has occurred from last June to the present. My year has been full of meeting gracious people, seeing gorgeous sites, and learning vital career and life skills. There certainly have been challenges but overcoming them is all a part of the Miss Montana education. I hope that I have given back to this state as much as it has given me. The young lives in this state that are so impressionable need Miss Montana to be a great role-model and to give positive guidance. With so many changes in our society and tragedies in the last year, this is one area we cannot compromise in.
The best piece of advice I heard this year and one that my generation needs to take is the fact that “It’s not all about you.” It’s about the people who got you where you are and the lives that you influenced on your way. With that being said, let me thank a few people who have made my year happen. The IMAGE board and the massive number of volunteers in this program, thank you: I’ve always been impressed with the Glendive community and all that they accomplish strictly through volunteer means. Thank you, Avice and Cami, for the many hours that you dedicate to the program. To all the former Miss Montanas that I have encountered during my year: your wisdom and grace is undeniable and I am honored to join your ranks. To everyone who has supported and encouraged the endeavors of my platform and purpose in my year…I appreciate it all. To my support system: my parents, my sisters, Ray, and many family members…I am blessed more than I can express. Thank you Lord. Oh, and I can’t forget my grandma for telling everyone she knows and meets that “She’s the grandmother of Miss Montana”

So now it is time for another lucky young lady to start her adventure. I wish her the same fulfillment as I have experienced and hope that she will continue the positive impact that is our goal. I have been proud to represent this great state. Thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home