Miss Montana 2006 - Christie Hageman

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Children's Miracle Network Telethon for Shodair

The partnership between the Miss America Organization and the Children’s Miracle network has been quite fruitful thus far in Montana. Each of our contestants running in the pageant in June has raised at least $250 each with many raising much much more.
I also had been given the opportunity to help our Montana hospital, Shodair, raise funds through their annual telethon. The telethon was aired live on CBS affiliate stations throughout Montana on June 2. They aired on location from the hospital and had many guests.
One of the first segments featured me talking about our partnership and singing the Montana song. Throughout the day I helped answer phones and talked here and there. Miss Rodeo Montana, Megan Hardy, was also there and we had another great time joining forces at an event.
Another highlight during the day was presenting the check from the Montana Dairy Queens. From my personal history with DQ and since I helped several of the Billings Dairy Queens during Miracle Treat Day on August 10, 2006, I could talk from experience about the work Dairy Queen does to raise money for Shodair Hospital.
I had one memorable call that came from Kalispel. The gentleman on the phone first said, “Wow! How did you get the band Styx on your telethon? You guys are good!” I explained that he was watching the national broadcast but the phone number on the screen was for the Montana Children’s Miracle Network Hospital, Shodair. He then said that he would pledge $100. About mid-conversation I mentioned that he was talking to Miss Montana. His response… “Holy smokes! Then why don’t you double that pledge!” Wahoo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home