Miss Montana 2006 - Christie Hageman

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Crown to Classrooms & Beyond Resumes

After one day of rest, I hit the ground running for my fall Crown to Classrooms and Beyond State-wide Speaking Engagements. I began with a quick trip to Glendive to pick up my car for my travels. I am very grateful to Darrell Sackman and ABC Auto who is graciously helping sponsor my automobile. After a short meeting with the Miss Montana board, I drove back to Billings.

I was up early the next morning to drive to Rapelje where I did my first two school presentations. Some of the high school students were missing because of their school-to-work program. Therefore the students just about evenly numbered the community members who came to listen (of which many were my relatives :). From Rapelje my grandmother rode with me on the dirt roads to Broadview so I would not get lost (she thinks I would have found my way fine). I had lunch at the Senior Citizens Center and again was greeted by familiar faces. I sang them a song or two which they greatly enjoyed. Refueled and ready, I headed to the school for two more presentations. Not only did I speak to Broadview, but Lavina brought their students to make a good sized audience.

At both schools I appreciated the staff, teachers, and students who helped me set up and got the technology equipment up and running. I am also thankful that my first presentations were in familiar places and I am happy with how well they went.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home