Miss Montana 2006 - Christie Hageman

Monday, August 28, 2006

Dawson Co. Fair

At the Dawson County Fair, I sang on the Free Entertainment stage and it seemed like everywhere I looked, there were at least two familiar faces from the pageant - from board members and vintage car drivers to enthusiastic fans and little sisters. It was great to be welcomed back in the town where my journey began. In the evening, there was another rodeo and, you guessed it, I sang my heart out again.
Saturday, I made my way around some of the booths in the commercial building: the Glendive Medical Center, Dawson Community College, the Chamber of Commerce, and a local health food store/restaurant "The Carpentar's Pantry".
I was lucky to attend a tailgate party to meet the entertainers for the night show, Wade Hayes and Brian White. The local radio station did a live, on-location broadcast and interview with me. When the two country singers came out they were very nice and did lots of autographs and photos for the attendees. The show was really good but it would been even more awesome if the thunder storm had not moved in and forced the show to close early. Fortunately, I was sitting under the overhang of the grandstands and did not get as wet as those a few rows down.
One of our IMAGE Productions, "Sweet Home Miss Montana" Week hostesses, Kass, opened her home for me....thanks, Kass!
The next morning I was up bright and early again to catch the 6:30 am Big Sky Airlines flight back to Billings. However, the flight took a little detour to Sheridan, Wyoming because the Billings airport was covered in fog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home