Miss Montana 2006 - Christie Hageman

Monday, August 28, 2006

Richland Co. Fair, Sidney


The next weekend I was back in Sidney for the Richland County Fair. On Thursday, I was scheduled to spend the entire day at the fair in the Commerical Building where I did a "Meet & Greet" at the Danielson True Value booth. It just so happens that the Danielsons are my Godparent and it was fun to be introduced to everyone by them, "Have you met our God daughter? Oh, she happens to be Miss Montana, too." They even had Sharp-n-Sassy make lollipops with my photo on them!
In the afternoon I helped the Lower Yellowstone Valley REA with their annual promotion Co-Op Days "Root Beer Floats with Miss Montana". I think I signed and handed out the most amount of photos at that event than I ever had before. For me, there is nothing better than smiling faces and ice cream....ah, the simple joys. Before returning to the True Value booth for the evening, I climbed the crow's nest over the rodeo arena and sang the National Anthem. I was more than happy to oblige when they asked me to come back the next night and sing again. At the end of the night, was I ever ready to retire my crown......and.....boots!
On Friday, I spent a few hours at the Stockman Bank booth visiting and greeting, and actually ran into a high school classmate from Billings. I sometimes forget how small Montana can be.
The most memorable moment was when I was first meeeting with the fair and rodeo organizers and one them asked me, "Would you be comfortable riding a horse into the arena with the American flag and then singing?" I had to laugh to myself because I could just envision trying to ride a horse, control a large, waving flag, AND a microphone - my first concern being the horse, since I have ridden VERY few times. I graciously declined but was flattered that they might think it was possible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home