Miss Montana 2006 - Christie Hageman

Saturday, December 30, 2006

The beginning of Thanksgiving Week



Thanksgiving week was one of MANY miles. I began with a trip to northeastern Montana on Monday. Cami (a Miss Montana Board member) and I drove to Glendive for an important Miss Montana Board meeting where they finalized their decision to hold the pageant in Glendive June 14-15-16 and elected new board members. During the meeting, I gave a sneak peak into my wardrobe for Miss America and modeled the many beautiful dresses for the attendees. Once we finished, it was another two hours to the Hoff ranch where Cami and I stayed the night.
On Tuesday, Avice, Cami, and I ventured out to some of the businesses in the area that sponsor scholarships for the Miss Montana pageant. We presented certificates of appreciation to and took pictures with the Sheridan Electric Co-operative, the Daniels-Sheridan Federal Credit Union in Medicine Lake, Montana State Bank, the Red Hanger, and Jacobson Jewelry in Plentywood. While in Plentywood, I met with Mari at the Red Hanger and together we chose jewelry for my Miss America wardrobe. Mari is such a pleasure to work with and I am very thankful for her generosity in sponsoring this necessary element for Miss America. After a quick bite to eat, we were back on the road and ultimately back to Billings by 8:30pm.
Wednesday was personal travel as I met my aunt and uncle to drive to Bozeman and spend Thanksgiving with family. A favorite family game is Pinochle and my luck was fairly good those two days :) We returned home on Thursday amid slight snowy conditions, but thankfully the interstate was dry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home