Miss Montana 2006 - Christie Hageman

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Helena Middle School Honors Assembly

While in Helena, I was the guest speaker at the Helena Middle School for their BOB Assembly. This is a special time when the school recognizes a few students who have displayed exceptional behaviors and attitudes that make for a positive school environment. They call it the BOB PAK because their mascot is the Bobcat and they are Leaders of the PAK. Their guest speaker last year was Mike Van Diest, the head coach of the Carroll College national champion football team for several consecutive years, so I felt the need to fill some large shoes.
I spoke on recognizing our motivations for making decisions and choosing actions, and how one of mine is music. I also sang a few songs for them and fulfilled the Principal’s request for some yodeling (I sing 'Cowboy’s Sweetheart' which involves a bit of it). The students and parents enjoyed it and gave me a standing ovation (wow!). I felt more like a performer with the auditorium and a great stage technician who adjusted lights and sound volumes when needed.
I had a great time at Helena Middle School!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home