Miss Montana 2006 - Christie Hageman

Thursday, April 05, 2007

Highgate Senior Living

The residents of Highgate Senior Living were particularly welcoming and appreciative when I sang for them on January 12. I was excited when I talked about the piano player on my accompaniment CD and they knew who he was! I use a CD that I recorded with some Billings musicians a few years ago and the sound engineer removed my vocals so I could use the accompanying music and sing live. One of the piano players on the recording is my grandmother’s cousin (first cousin twice removed?) named Orland and he has played around Billings since the 1930’s. He still gets around town and has played for this retirement community with Doc McBride. This is the reason they knew him and his piano playing already. I announced my upcoming send-off party with the Shrine dance band and one lady let me know that she planned to come. They were all very sweet and complimentary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home