Miss Montana 2006 - Christie Hageman

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Dancing Stars: February 10

The Billings St. Vincent’s Hospital, in conjunction with Spirit of Women, put together a Day of Dance with local “Dancing Stars” on February 17. Well, I guess Miss Montana qualifies as a local star so that meant I had to learn a dance.
I gave them plenty of options saying that I love to salsa and swing…but I think I was the youngest in their group of celebrities so that qualified me to dance….Hip Hop. It turned out to be a lot of fun. They paired me with Chris Dixon, the quarterback of the Billings Outlaws indoor football team who was much more familiar with Hip Hop than I certainly was. We learned the dance from Kasey at CDS the Edge and performed it in front of a good size crowd in center court of Rimrock Mall.
The aim of the event was to raise awareness of heart disease so they had great information and testing stations for cholesterol, blood pressure, stroke assessment, and so forth. The dancing was just a fun excuse to come out and learn!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home