Miss Montana 2006 - Christie Hageman

Thursday, April 05, 2007

Miss MT Send-Off Party

The Miss Montana Send-off party had been a long planned and anticipated event within my family. We held the event in conjunction with the Shrine Dance Band on Sunday, January 14. I sang a few numbers with the band and had rehearsed with them in the weeks leading up to the event. We began selling tickets at the beginning of January, and before we knew it, we had over 100 sold…before the event! When the day came, the turn out jumped to 170 of family, friends, board members, parents of contestants and former Miss Montana titleholders, sponsors, community supporters, and also some Dance Band regulars.
Throughout the afternoon as the band played, I modeled my Miss America wardrobe including the swimsuit (yikes!) and also performed my talent. The local TV news station crews were in attendance and interviewed me. They have been very supportive in their coverage of my year and I am extremely grateful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home