Miss Montana 2006 - Christie Hageman

Thursday, April 05, 2007

Mission Ridge & Miss MT 1947

Mission Ridge and their Activities Coordinator, Margie, asked me to be the entertainment for their bi-annual dinner theater/fundraiser. The event turned out to be bigger and better than expected.
One of the residents happens to be among the very first Miss Montana from 1947. She and I met the afternoon of the dinner and were photographed by a Gazette photographer. We talked and conversed for a while before I did my sound check on the stage. She was introduced at the dinner and given a corsage. She had some very kind words for me and I am still impressed with her sweet nature and gracious presence. At the end of the program, I had a chance to express my pleasure in our meeting and conveyed my hope that in sixty years I might have the same grace and poise as she possesses. The next day we were interviewed by the local NBC affiliate television station as a feature story. We again had the chance to exchange pictures and share stories. It was a wonderful experience and she is such a true lady in class and dignity. I hope our paths will cross again.
The money raised from the evening was designated to the Billings Police Department for the purchase of Child ID Kits. Several volunteers in uniform were in attendance including the Chief of Police. The event was sold out and the evening was a lovely affair. I must thank my ever steadfast piano partner, Sandi, with whom I have sung many years. She even played for me at Miss America. We presented many types of music: operatic, classical, and jazz; all with the subject of love – the theme for the evening with Valentine's Day in the air.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home