Miss Montana 2006 - Christie Hageman

Thursday, May 10, 2007

March 14: Western Heritage Art Show

My next adventure was in Great Falls for the Western Heritage Art Association show. The weekend of March 14 is an extremely busy time in Great Falls for artists. There are many shows exhibiting a great variety of art. This show was based at the Holiday Inn and had many amazing artists and fabulous pieces.
I began with the awards program recognizing the judged pieces displayed in the lobby. Artists voluntarily submitted a piece to be judged and then were eligible for awards and even some cash awards. I had never attended an art show and soon became educated on the area of art. It fascinated me probably because I could relate it to the many qualities sought after in music. I chatted with a number of the artists visiting in their gallery rooms and learned how the life of an artist is much the same as a musician :)
The night of the 15th was the quick finish when the artists complete a piece in a specified time and then auction them off with 50% of the proceeds going to the Lewis and Clark Interpretive Center Association. During the auction I helped display the pieces acting as “Vanna.” I was amazed at the process and was even more surprised to see a sculptor participating. This was another culture expanding experience for me and I enjoyed it very much.
My thanks to the association for making me honorary member!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home