Miss Montana 2006 - Christie Hageman

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Ag In the Classrooms Awards Luncheon

The third day in Helena I attended the Agriculture in Montana Schools luncheon awarding the winners of their annual bumper sticker contest. I was the keynote speaker and was impressed by the other guests in attendance.
At the head table I sat between the Secretary of State, Brad Johnson, who was the emcee for the luncheon, and Lieutenant Governor, John Bohlinger. I looked on both sides of me and thought, “I’m the keynote speaker?!”
The event was held at the Jorgenson’s Inn and they had tacos for the meal. This was a good choice considering the wide age range of the attendees – six year olds to sixty year olds. I spoke on my own first-hand agriculture education growing up with family on the farm and how it helped me educate others when I lived out of Montana in urban areas. The afternoon went well and the students’ artwork on the bumper stickers was great!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home