Miss Montana 2006 - Christie Hageman

Thursday, May 10, 2007

St. Patrick's Day Parade (royal in 50 year-old beauty)

The St. Patrick’s Day parade has been a long held tradition in Billings and when it was threatened to be eliminated due to “insurance reasons,” local citizens decided to take the organization into their own hands. “Save our parade” was formed and found great support in local businesses and volunteers.
On Saturday morning, March 17, I was scheduled to ride in the parade in a convertible donated for use by one of the Moss family members. My mom dropped me off at the starting point but her eyes lit up and volunteer hand shot up when they weren’t sure if they had a driver for my car (a 1957 baby blue T-Bird convertible).
You see, it didn’t have much to do with driving her daughter as it did driving this classic car. The chairman of the “Save our Parade” committee asked if she was that much of a pageant mom. She laughed and said, “No, I just really like cars.”
When we walked to the car there was a driver much to her dismay. However, the car carrying the mayor, Ron Tussing, needed a driver so that’s where she ended up. Instead of watching her daughter in the parade, my mom was driving the mayor – and some people wonder how those jobs are assigned…Luck.
The turnout was wonderful and my smiling muscles were duly conditioned

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home