Miss Montana 2006 - Christie Hageman

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Foiled Parade & 50th Anniversary Celebrations

October 7 - My cousins live in Bozeman and are graduates (and thus proud supporters) of Montana State University. During the summer, my family and extended family enjoys weekends out on the lake waterskiing, wakeboarding, and just soaking in summer fun. This was the inspiration for my cousin’s plan of having me in the parade for MSU’s homecoming. They would hook up their blue and white boat to their blue SUV and title it “A Boat-Full of Bobcats and Miss Montana.”

However, I am again experiencing the fact that the best laid plans are sometimes never allowed to materialize….It rained. And rained. And was COLD. So the boat and the crown were put away and out came our shopping shoes instead!
After a quick drive back to Billings, I sang for a banquet that kicked off the 50th Anniversary of my home church. I also sang at the Sunday morning service and at the luncheon that followed. It was very special to have ten or more pastors at one service.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home