Miss Montana 2006 - Christie Hageman

Sunday, October 08, 2006

From Penquins to Raiders & More!

I can now say that I have presented to one of the northern most towns in Montana. Whitewater is less than 20 miles from the Canadian border and has a little fewer than 80 students at the school. The music teacher does a great job of teaching the kids about the National Anthem and when the younger students stood up, they sang it loud and proud – I was very impressed. I ate lunch with the student council and was awed by the many activities every student participates in. In a smaller school, most play in the band, sing in the choir, and play on every team sport.

Continuing on my northern Montana tour, I stopped in Saco and Hinsdale. In Saco I gave two presentations and they requested a lot of songs. Those that I sang for the younger kids were then requested again by the teachers/administrators who also sat in on the high school presentation. I thought that was a little humorous. I had lunch with the grade school students before leaving for my next school. Hinsdale held an all school assembly and somehow the choir was seated in the very front row. When it came time to sing the National Anthem, I happened to stand right in front of them and was surrounded by four part harmony. Talk about one of the most glorious sounds!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home