Miss Montana 2006 - Christie Hageman

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Golden K Kiwanis

The Kiwanis Club is another major service organization that is so valuable in the community.
The Golden K Kiwanis meets regularly at the recreation center in Casa Village (Billings) and has often asked Miss Montana to speak at their meetings over the years. A gentleman by the name of Ralph has hosted and introduced a few of the Miss Montanas and is quite proud of the job. Although he forewarned me on the phone, when I arrived on Monday, April 2, he walked me into the meeting room exclaiming, “Eat your hearts out old buggers!” Quite the character he was.
They asked me to speak for 30 minutes about my experiences as Miss Montana and what I have learned during my year. Needless to say, I had plenty to talk about and much that the members could relate to – especially the National Anthem Project and highlighting its importance. The group was very receptive and they even sang the Montana song to me!
Among the large group I found some familiar faces: former teachers, church members, family friends, not-exactly-related relatives…the norm for me in Billings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home