Miss Montana 2006 - Christie Hageman

Thursday, May 10, 2007

State Finalist Forum

Well, I guess the first signs of a winding down year have shown. The twenty-four finalists for the 2007 Miss Montana Scholarship Program have been selected and the State Finalist Forum was held in Billings on Saturday, March 24.
I was happily satisfied with the potentials for my successor. I am excited for these lovely young women to start or continue their journey with the Miss Montana program. I have often conveyed in my speeches as Miss Montana that in this program, it is not just the top places that receive “prizes” like other pageants. Every contestant receives scholarship and benefits of personal growth no matter where she places.
This year, each contestant is guaranteed at least a $600 scholarship simply by completing the pageant. Over $190,000 in applied scholarships will be awarded. I just wish more people would realize the good that this organization does, not just for the development of the young women who compete but the affect it has on schools across the state and the many causes that Miss Montana works for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home