Miss Montana 2006 - Christie Hageman

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Montana FFA State Convention

The Future Farmers of America held their state convention in Billings March 28-31. I was asked to speak at their Thursday delegate luncheon and to judge their prepared speech contest.
I had encountered some of these young people on my previous travels at the State 4-H Congress in Bozeman, an FFA Banquet in Stevensville, and other schools. I have always been impressed with the leadership qualities of these young men and women, and was even more so after listening to their public speaking. I even learned some intriguing and valuable information from their speeches.
The luncheon was fun sitting with the state officers and also Miss Rodeo Montana and Miss Teen Rodeo Montana. They are both very personable ladies and we had a lot to talk about comparing and contrasting our positions and programs.
I am encouraged when I see organizations like FFA making a strong positive influence on our Montana youth. I wish more young people would get involved with service and character building organizations to experience the same benefits. I know my experience with Job’s Daughters had a tremendously positive impact on my teenage years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home