Miss Montana 2006 - Christie Hageman

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Snow, Snow, and Rau School

In the afternoon of April 11, I visited Rau Elementary School on the other side of Sidney. My Godmother, Vicki, is a retired teacher from Rau and was happy to accompany me to both schools that day. They have a large area rug in the library of a U.S. map. When talking about the National Anthem Project, I thought it was great to be able to show the students Maryland and the Chesapeake Bay. If you don’t know the story behind the Star Spangled Banner, it is well worth your time to read it and while you’re at it, check to make sure you accurately know the words ;)

The weather still wasn’t the best in the afternoon when I was scheduled to travel north. I knew I shouldn’t head out when Avice called and said, “Well, I’m not in the snowbank any longer and am back home now, but I’m not going out again. Stay in Sidney and stay safe!” So I waited another day and did some interviews at the radio station and the newspaper in Sidney.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home