Miss Montana 2006 - Christie Hageman

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Springtime in Montana: Brorson School Visit

A ten day excursion to northeast Montana in April marked with snow should not surprise any of us. We are all thankful for the moisture but my spring fever is ready for some more sunshine.
A storm came through the state around April 10 and I was on the road from Billings in rain. By the time I reached Sidney, they had a nice blanket of snow and threats of freezing ice on the highways. I stayed with my God-parents and was happy to arrive before conditions worsened.
The next morning I almost didn’t believe it when I was told that my first school to visit had a total enrollment of five students. Sure enough, Brorson School outside of Sidney has five students, one teacher, and one aide. The most outspoken, of course, was the youngest – a kindergartener and one of only two girls. The other students were in 3rd, 5th, and 6th grades.
I believe this qualifies as my most intimate group yet :) They were fun to work with and we were all on a first name basis by the end of the hour – imagine that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home